Why Hire A Licensed Plumber?
Posted by Hy-Pro Plumbing & Drain Cleaning on March 21/2016 | 0 Comments
It’s easy to fall into the wrong hands when you hire outside plumbing contractors to get your pipes fixed. But when it comes to your home’s plumbing system, you certainly don’t want to cheap out in the event of a sewer backup or pipe burst. If you don’t have a reliable, licensed plumber near me on your speed dial, we highly recommend that you do your research now.
At Hy-Pro Plumbing and Drain Cleaning, we only hire certified, licensed service professionals for any job that you need taken care of, from drainage issues to running toilets and leaky water heater tanks to sewer line repairs. If your family’s safety and home’s structural integrity are on the line, it’s imperative that you hire a licensed plumber who can complete fast and efficient plumbing diagnosis and repair services, as well as be available during a plumbing emergency.
Let’s find out what makes a plumber in Ontario licensed and certified and what evidence to look out for.
Certifications of A Licensed Plumber
It takes a lot of hard work to become a professional plumber, from two years of studying mechanical know-how and developing a fine motor skill to real-life implementation with licensed master plumbers on-site. But learning about the main plumbing principles, techniques, and safety guidelines is only the beginning.
An apprentice requires 6000 to 9000 hours of practical training that include installations and repairs of plumbing systems, fixtures, and various pipeline work that include water lines, drain lines, and sewer lines. While it is a huge learning curve, it can be very rewarding for those who are fastidious and like to work independently. During the apprenticeship program, it’s essential for the student to develop strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. A licensed plumber has the capacity to act fast during emergencies, whether it’s quickly detecting and locating a clogged pipe by using a sewer inspection camera or putting an immediate halt to a sewage backup.
The practical training also involves construction work because pipelines are primarily buried underground or behind walls. So it’s important to understand the different types of plumbing systems that you find in residential and commercial buildings, as well as the municipal underground storm sanitary system.
Since there is a list of compulsory trade services an apprentice has to complete, they need to gather a recognized trade certificate or become a registered apprentice before they’re allowed to complete maintenance and repair work on homes or commercial properties.
Finally, the apprentice needs to write a Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) exam. Licensed plumbers are also red seal endorsed, which means they could work anywhere within Canada with their license and certification.
Evidence of a Trusted, Licensed Plumber
While you can ask your licensed plumber near me for their credentials and a list of referrals, you might also find that Google search provides a credible source of information. But beware of fake positive reviews or reviews that appear to be manipulated.
But what makes your local licensed plumber credible is not only based on reviews, but a trustworthy website that provides you with all the little information you need. Often, the qualified plumber works for a plumbing company or franchise, or you’ll find family-operated businesses that have successfully completed a wide range of plumbing services for the local community.
Most importantly, every licensed plumber should be able to provide you with their C of Q when they arrive at your home. Their plumbing knowledge and skill should be apparent the moment you meet them. With all those training hours spent in individual properties, they should be excellent at communicating and providing exceptional customer service. And that applies to both residential plumbers and commercial plumbers.
What Can A Licensed Plumber Do?
You’ll be surprised that we’ve got up our sleeves:
- Drain Cleaning: Having trouble with drain clogs? Our team of licensed plumbers offer professional drain line cleaning services to recover your household drainage pipes. Don’t let clogged drain issues slow down your life.
- Hot Water Heater Repair: Whether you have a tank-based unit or tankless system, our licensed plumbers are trained gas fitters and committed to safe working conditions.
- Sewer Lines: Handling underground pipes like your sewer system requires a lot of skills and experience, whether it’s completing a detailed plumbing diagnosis or performing a trenchless sewer line repair service.
- Sump Pumps: As your home’s ultimate blood preventer, sump pumps are designed to keep your basement floors dry, as well as back up your French drains (perimeter drains) during heavy rainfall to protect your home’s foundation.
Additional Plumbing Services From Your Licensed Plumber:
- Septic tank services
- Water softener, purification systems
- Toilet repairs
- Leaky faucet replacement
- New sink installation
- Backwater valves
- Frozen pipe repair
- Leaky pipe services
- Water pressure regulators
- And much more!
Why Hire Hy-Pro Plumbing and Drain Cleaning
Hy-Pro Plumbing is proud to provide our local communities with licensed, reliable plumbers who bring many years of experience in helping property owners maintain a healthy plumbing system, from preventative maintenance to emergency repair services.
We understand how choosing a local plumber in Ontario can be difficult and stressful. At Hy-Pro, we aim to offer our customers the most professional service and a worry-free experience. All that is backed by our parts and workmanship. When you hire our professional plumbing services, you’ll get:
- Fully licensed and insured plumbers who are protected by Workman’s Compensation Insurance. Plus, any team that works on your property will have at least one master plumber on-site to supervise.
- Transparent upfront pricing system: We provide cost estimates before the start of a job, and it will include prior inspection and clean up services.
- References available: Our team has nothing to hide, especially not the references from happy customers who have received excellent services. Be sure to check with the Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been filed against a specific plumber.
- 24/7 emergency service: Struggling to find a 24-hour licensed plumber near me? Save 1-877-554-9776 on your speed dial and expect us to pick up the phone at 2 a.m. in the morning. Plumbing disasters like basement flooding or burst pipes can’t wait. With Hy-Pro Plumbing, you’ll get peace of mind knowing that we are available any time.
Looking For A Licensed Plumber Near Me?
Ready to take your plumbing experience to the next level with a licensed plumber? No matter what plumbing issue you have, Hy-Pro Plumbing and Drain Cleaning is ready to help! Give our friendly customer service team a call at 1-877-554-9776 to schedule an in-house maintenance service with our licensed plumber or learn more about other plumbing services that we offer.
Request a Service Call
- Your Local Source For Leak Detection, Ontario
- Plumbers Camera: Ins & Outs of Accurate Plumbing Diagnosis
- 8 Signs You May Have A Main Sewer Line Clog in Ontario
- Hot Water Tank Rentals: Pros, Cons & Everything In Between
- Questions to Ask Before You Hire Plumbers in Ontario
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2020
- February 2017
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
Leave a Reply